Saturday, December 13, 2014

Dream: The Apartment

(you may notice that my recent writings are getting a bit more.... i don't want to say racy but perhaps romantic or mushy.  This one gets a little more "enticing" hahha these have been dreams I've been having.  Maybe i'll start changing up my headings.  Enjoy!  )


Getting up for work each day is tedious.  Take a piss, brush teeth, shower, feed the cats, get dressed, empty the litter box and remember to lock up.  Same thing every day.  Until the new neighbor arrived.

There was an empty store front i used to day dream about at work.  It had large glass windows and a double door to let people in/out.  There was brown paper lining the panes of glass so it was difficult to see in.  I had wondered when someone would take over the lease every time i saw the "FOR RENT" sign on my way home.

Thursday was different.  I remember it was Thursday because that was Chinese Food day.  Every week i was allowed one take out night and since nothing was better than my own cooking, i choose to eat Chinese Food.  I had just come back upstairs to my apartment after getting food from the lobby when i noticed a light against the brown paper.  Someone was moving around and their shadow danced from one window to the next.  I watched from my balcony door until the light went out and the show was over.  It would be interesting to see what would become of that space.

Little did i know the surprise its owner would bring.

I think I might have left something out - all the items in my daily routine are done completely naked.  Well, except getting dressed and leaving the house, of course.  My apartment is on a high enough floor that i don't even bother to close the blinds.  The only direct line of sight was an apartment across the street.  But their balcony was always fenced with tightly laid gray wooden beams in and no one moved around out there so i never paid it any mind.

Friday came along and i did my normal routine. Pissed, brushed, showered, fed the cats and as I was petting one of my dear babies i noticed a paper crinkle.  My radio was blaring the morning news but i could hear a distinct flapping of paper.  I looked around to see if my cats had rummaged through the recycling again and played with a paper bag.  They were happily munching on the new food i just put down.  I looked elsewhere around the apartment but couldn't see anything that would make that noise.    With a shrug, i decided to ignore it and started to make the bed.  I bent over to grab the sheets when i heard a different sound.

A man's cough or at least a clearing of the throat caused me to stop in my tracks.  Not in the most modest position, bent over my bed naked, but i turned my head to see that through the a man reading the newspaper, seemingly unaware of me being just across the street.  I thought about grabbing the sheets or the nearest piece of clothing to cover myself up but I stopped.  This was my apartment and i could do what i want.  Besides, if i could barely see him through the fence slits, who's to say he couldn't see me?

I went about my day thinking about the new neighbor.  I could bake some cookies or offer to show him around town.  I was just coming up to my block when the storefront doors opened.  Hugh Jackman walked out the store and took a deep breath.  He was smiling, almost ready to laugh and I could tell things were working out really well for him today.  Not wanting to ruin his moment, I started to cross the street.  He caught my glance and hollered "G'day miss!"  I smiled back and waved my hand.

Heading upstairs I smiled, he was a handsome man and I wondered if he was here all by himself.  Surely there was a family going to arrive just days behind him, ready to make their new home in this small town of mine.  I laughed, opened my door and went about my evening routine.  Shoes, coat, pet the kitties, feed the kitties, clean the litter box, change into house lounging attire.

I never could understand why people would get home and change.  It seemed so wasteful to use up so many clothes in the week.  I popped my work clothes into the hamper and slipped on some cut-off sweatpants made into shorts and a t-shirt with the star from Super Mario Bros.  I half expected to hear paper flipping from the balcony across the way but it seemed no one was there.  I did look down to find Mr. Jackman looking up and smiling.  He turned on his heels and went back into the store.

For the next few weeks he read the paper on the balcony every morning.  I attempted to catch even one stare but i couldn't.  His gaze was planted securely to that paper.  I didn't realize the news was that intriguing.  Since i was half asleep in the mornings anyway, nothing changed of my routine and I started having conversations with Mr. Jackman, even if he didn't answer back.

Then the strangest thing happened.   I was on my way downstairs and thought to stop by the mailboxes to check for a delivery when i saw Mr. Jackman waiting there.  He seemed anxious and was pacing back and forth.  "Are you all right?" My brow furrowed, it pained me to see people uneasy.

"Yes, it's just .... (man i can't remember the dream now.... all day i've been thinking about this and i can't remember what he said :(   it was something that would have been discussed or advertised on 1010wins because i was hearing that whilst i slept.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think that's racy at all. The nudity caught my interest. As far as describing the lack of modesty while making the bed, I would try to restructure that sentence to omit the negativity. "Lacking modesty as I spread the sheets over the bed," for example.

I have difficulty writing sex (love making) scenes too. I may not be an expert in this area. The description of your morning routine was enticing, and when you revealed that it was all done in the nude, it became the element of interest that kept me reading.